Best Online Masters Degree in Criminal Justice
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, "Overall opportunities in local police departments will be excellent for individuals who meet the psychological, personal, and physical qualifications." "There will be more competition for jobs in Federal and State law enforcement agencies than for jobs in local agencies. Employment of police and detectives is expected to grow 11 percent over the 2006-16 decade, about as fast as the average for all occupations." "Applicants with a bachelor's degree and several years of law enforcement or military experience, especially investigative experience, will have the best opportunities in Federal agencies."
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2008-09 Edition, Police and Detectives, on the internet at http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos160.htm.
A college master's degree is worth $1.3 million more in lifetime earnings than a high school diploma, according to a recent report from the Commerce Department's Census Bureau. www.usgovinfo.about.com report reveals that over an adult's working life, high school graduates can expect, on average, to earn $1.2 million; those with a bachelor's degree, $2.1 million; and people with a master's degree, $2.5 million.
Top 10 Criminal Justice Degree Online Universities
Kaplan University Online
Rising concern over homeland security and increasing emphasis on education in law enforcement agencies have led to a greater demand for qualified criminal justice administrators and instructors nationwide. If you already have bachelor's degree from a regionally or nationally accredited college and want to earn an advanced degree to further your career in criminal justice, Kaplan University's online Master of Science in Criminal Justice program offers a convenient, flexible opportunity to help achieve your goal.
Masters Criminal Justice Degree Online
Request more information
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice- Corrections:- Study to further your expertise in the administrative and operational aspects of the U.S. correctional system, both institutional and community based. Confront issues such as overcrowding, alternatives to incarceration, sentencing, inmate rights, and juvenile justice. Explore challenges community-based corrections.
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice- Global Issues in Criminal Justice:- Explore the challenges of rapid globalization as it pertains to the criminal justice field. Analyze transnational crime, foreign justice systems, terrorism and related homeland security issues, and other contemporary international criminal justice issues.
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice- Law:- Examine legal principles and doctrines associated with criminal law, criminal procedure, evidentiary issues, comparative legal and justice systems, specialized criminal statutes, and employment law as they relate to professional practice in criminal justice.
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice- Leadership/Executive Management:- Explore theories and practices related to justice management, fiscal issues (with an emphasis on the preparation of budgets and grant applications), human resource development, and employment and policy law.
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice- Policing:- Analyze issues facing criminal justice professionals, including ethics and diversity, fiscal responsibilities such as preparation and management of budgets and grants, and employment-related legal issues such as discrimination and misconduct.
Capella University Online
As an accredited university, Capella University takes online education to a higher level. The mission of Capella University is to extend access to high quality bachelor's, master's, doctoral, and certificate programs for adults who seek to maximize their personal and professional potential. Enrollment counselors at Capella will discuss your estimated total costs and provide options for financing and reducing tuition costs through transfer credit and reimbursement programs.
Master of Science (MS) in Public Safety
Request more information
- MS in Public Safety – Criminal Justice:- Criminal Justice PhD specialization designed to prepare you to initiate positive change in the criminal justice system. The intensive program includes online course work, residencies, and research that address the complex issues surrounding criminal behavior, prevention and intervention, the penal system, and the development of public policy strategies at the community, state, and national levels. People who choose this doctoral specialization are often pursuing high-level positions in higher education, a research or consulting agency, a public policy group, or other criminal justice-related organizations.
Walden University Online
Master of Public Administration (M.P.A.)
Request more information
- Homeland Security Policy:- Today’s complex public safety environment demands smart policy on emergency response strategies. Prepare to implement protective measures and policies without compromising individual rights and freedoms. With this knowledge, you are equipped to effectively develop policy to protect individuals’ safety and freedom.
- Law and Public Policy:- Legal decisions and the law have a significant impact on the creation of public policy. Discover the relationships between law and public policy and access vital legal knowledge available to public policy practitioners. Gain a solid background in legal concepts, cases, and current trends that will give you a head start if you decide to pursue a law degree or if you encounter legal questions in your workplace.
- Terrorism, Mediation, and Peace:- The threat of terrorism is a constant concern prompting a continuing focus on preventing and resolving terrorist attacks. In this specialization, learn the immediate and long term implications of anti-terrorist legislation and policies. Study how terrorism policies are drafted and enforced while you analyze the ethical issues related to human rights and the psychology of terrorism. Explore the effects of disaster, crisis, and trauma and the appropriate interventions for individuals and groups. Examine the roots of international and domestic terrorism, the catalysts and motivations for terrorist acts, and how media and technology may aid or counter terrorist activities.
Keiser University eCampus- Online
At Keiser University we are here to help you succeed by providing the professional and academic foundation to meet your educational goals and objectives. As a student, you will attend one class at a time for four weeks and take your final exam before moving on to your next class. Whether you choose day, evening, or online classes, chances are, you will find a schedule that fits yours and allows you to fulfill one of the most important commitments you can make - a commitment to your education.
Keiser University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, and doctoral levels.
Keiser University's Master of Arts degree in Criminal Justice provides an intensive study of theory, practice and techniques in the field of criminal justice. The program enables students to contribute intellectually to the corrections, law enforcement and administration of justice professions, and assist in career advancement. Graduates demonstrate a conceptual understanding of advanced criminal justice systems and critically analyze and solve problems based on applied research methods.
Request more information
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice:- Students learn to manage components of the criminal justice system through course work in areas such as correctional systems, law enforcement, court systems, criminal justice and criminology theory, juvenile justice, gender, race, and crime, professionalism and ethics, criminal justice research, and management and leadership in criminal justice. Graduates demonstrate a conceptual understanding of advanced criminal justice systems and critically analyze and solve problems based on applied research methods.
Keiser University's MACJ program enables students to contribute to the criminal justice profession and fosters independent learning. To receive a Master of Arts in Criminal Justice degree, students must earn 36 graduate semester credit hours. Thirty of the program hours must be completed through Keiser University.
Boston University Online
Offered on campus or online, the Master of Criminal Justice program is designed for those who want to enter or advance in the field of criminal justice, or simply gain a deeper understanding of this fascinating discipline. The field of criminal justice is changing. Technological advancements, coupled with contemporary world events, have created an ever-increasing need for criminal justice professionals who have insight into the sociological, legal, theoretical, and practical arenas of law enforcement.
Professional demands may be shifting and expanding—but so are opportunities for career growth and success. The Boston University Online Master of Criminal Justice (MCJ) is designed specifically for the working law enforcement professional who seeks to achieve distinction by blending practical experience with scholarly achievement.
Request more information
- Master of Criminal Justice (MCJ):- The Boston University Online Master of Criminal Justice can be completed in less than two years of study. The Master of Criminal Justice consists of ten courses that include core courses in the history, philosophy, politics, and social consequences of the American criminal justice system, as well as specialized courses in specific areas of criminal justice such as white collar crime, terrorism, and youth crime.
The Master of Criminal Justice program is designed for those who want to advance in the field of criminal justice, enter it, or simply gain a deeper understanding of this fascinating discipline. Taught by leading criminal justice faculty who have extensive experience and scholarship in policing, the judicial system, and corrections.
[ 1 ] Next Page >> 2