Nursing & Healthcare Adminstraion Online Degrees
Most studies show that people with advanced degrees earn more on average than people with bachelor's degrees. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, higher learning equals higher earning. Associate degree graduates make an additional $4,294 in wages per year over high school graduates. That annual additional salary grows by $17,287 for a bachelorís degree and $27,856 for a masterís degree.
A college master's degree is worth $1.3 million more in lifetime earnings than a high school diploma, according to a recent report from the Commerce Department's Census Bureau. www.usgovinfo.about.com report reveals that over an adult's working life, high school graduates can expect, on average, to earn $1.2 million; those with a bachelor's degree, $2.1 million; and people with a master's degree, $2.5 million.
Top Nursing & Healthcare Degree Online Colleges
- Independence University Online
- Kaplan University Online
- American InterContinental University Online
- Capella University Online
- Walden University Online
- Western Governors University Online
- Strayer University Online
- Post University Online
Ashford Online University
Earn the degree you've always wanted at Ashford University. Achieve your goals with the resources you need, including an innovative online classroom and a supportive environment. Your education at Ashford University is a shared experience that unites you with students and faculty around the world. Ashford University is defining the modern college experience. Earn the Associate's, Bachelor's, or Master's degree you've always wanted.
Request more information
- Master of Arts in Health Care Administration:- Foster your health care career goals by earning your Master of Arts in Health Care Administration online from Ashford University. Deepen the value of your services with the expertise that derives from an advanced degree. This graduate degree empowers you to assume leadership positions in health care organizations. You will study such areas as finance, biostatistics, and strategic planning. The program incorporates applied health care theories across the domains of organized health care. With your Master of Arts in Health Care Administration, you demonstrate your expertise in directing health care organizations, leading health professionals, and delivering invaluable services to people in need.
- MBA - Health Care Administration specialization:- With your Health Care Administration specialization added to your MBA degree earned online from Ashford University, you will enjoy the confidence that comes from a greater understanding of health policy, economics, and program implementation. Combine major course credits in Business Administration with nine credits in Health Care Administration for a more specialized degree with added value. This specialization prepares you to assume leadership positions in health care organizations. You will increase interpersonal skills while developing expertise in accounting, quality assurance, risk management, health policy, law, statistical analysis, and organizational management. Your focused graduate courses combined with the in-depth professional competence you'll gain from the major coursework will earn you an enhanced MBA degree.
Kaplan University Online
Kaplan University is an accredited university, offering 170 degrees and programs. Choose from graduate, undergraduate, certificate, and diploma programs in fields ranging from business and technology to health sciences, fire sciences, legal studies, nursing, education and more. Kaplan University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA).
Increasing emphasis on preventive care and a growing population of older people, who typically require more nursing care than younger people, have resulted in excellent growth in opportunities for qualified nurses with practical skills.* Registered nurses top the list of occupations with the largest projected employment growth through 2018, and home health aides and nursing aides are not far behind. Kaplan University can help you acquire the knowledge, skills, and confidence required to become a leader in this fast-growing industry.
Request more information
- MBA - Health Care Management:- A Kaplan University MBA could prepare you to pursue positions in today's competitive job market.* If you are looking for a degree program that could help prepare you for career advancement, a Master of Business Administration might be an ideal choice. Study how to navigate the changing health care field. Health care is experiencing advances in treatment, rigorous patient-privacy regulations, staffing challenges, and issues of cost control. Our program is designed to help you develop the proficiencies to find solutions to real-life business situations.
- MSM - Health Care Management:- Examine the role of management in improving the quality and utilization of health care services. Graduates may pursue positions in doctors- offices, medical and surgical hospitals, home health care, outpatient centers, and more.
- Master of Health Care Administration:- America's health care system is expected to undergo radical changes. Future medical and health services managers must be prepared to handle complex new developments in technology, economics, ethics, finance, policy, and management. With a Master of Health Care Administration from Kaplan University, you may be prepared to pursue a range of leadership and management positions in governmental, nonprofit, and private organizations.* The program is designed to help you find solutions to unique challenges facing individuals and communities.
- Master of Public Health:- The Master of Public Health could prepare you to seek leadership and managerial positions in governmental, nonprofit, and private organizations in the public health industry.* Kaplan University's Master of Public Health could help you develop the administrative, ethical, and professional skills to apply public health principles to health education and communication programs.
- Master of Science in Health Education:- Kaplan University's Master of Science in Health Education could prepare you to help solve community health issues through educational programs that promote healthy lifestyles and behaviors. The master?s degree program offers a comprehensive mix of public health, health education, and health care administration content. In addition, the program aligns with the competencies published by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing (NCHEC) for Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES) and Master Certified Health Education Specialists (MCHES). And, as a master?s-level graduate, you may be eligible to sit for both exams.*
- MSLS - Health Care Delivery:- By earning a Master of Science in Legal Studies online, you could prepare to pursue a career that requires a strong understanding of the law and its interaction with societal institutions.* That covers a lot of ground as many businesses and organizations in America deal with these sorts of legal issues. The program is designed to help you develop the knowledge and skills to access the law and legal system, understand legal terminology, and apply the law in a variety of settings; all without the pressure of law school and the bar exam.*
- MS in Nursing:- While a bachelor's degree may qualify you for many nursing positions, some nursing career paths require a master's degree. Kaplan University's Master of Science in Nursing allows you to study online and prepare for career advancement in administrative, informatics, faculty, or staff development roles.* Students complete a practicum experience to bridge the classroom content to the practice setting, during which they work closely with a mentor in a selected health care setting. Specializations include nurse administrator, nurse educator, informatics, adult-gerontology nurse practitioner, and family nurse practitioner.
- MSN - Nurse Administrator:- Focus on the principles of personnel management, policy development and implementation, budgeting, and the use of information technology in advanced nursing roles. Complete a practicum experience during which you will work closely with an administrator mentor in a selected health care setting. Study to prepare for administrative or managerial positions and leadership roles in hospitals, community health settings, and long-term care facilities.*
- MSN - Nurse Educator:- Focus on developing courses and programs that integrate nursing philosophy. Examine the applications and both the ethical and legal issues related to the use of technology in teaching. Analyze assessment, measurement, and evaluation methods used in nursing education. Prepare for a faculty or educator role in colleges or schools of nursing, continuing education programs, staff development, clinical education, and patient and community education.* Explore strategies for developing effective educational experiences.
- MSN - Nurse Informatics:- Prepare to meet the clinical, educational, research, and administrative challenges associated with working in a technology-rich environment. Focus on the representation of health care data and information and examine computer, information literacy, and management competencies. Explore the use of technology and information systems to advance evidence-based research. Graduates may pursue informatics leadership roles in health care, corporate, and education settings.*
- Master of Science in Nursing - Adult Gerontology Practitioner:- Explore how to promote holistic health care to the adult population while diagnosing and managing their acute and chronic health problems. Prepare to serve as an advocate for clients as they interface with the health care system. Complete a clinical practice experience and apply theoretical knowledge while working with a qualified preceptor.*
At this time, the adult-gerontology nurse practitioner specialization is available only in the following states: Alaska, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, and Vermont.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner:- Explore how promote holistic health care to adults and children in a family context, while diagnosing and managing their acute and chronic health problems. Prepare to serve as advocates for clients as they interface with the health care system. Complete a clinical practice experience and apply theoretical knowledge while working with a qualified preceptor.*
At this time, the family nurse practitioner specialization is available only in the following states: Alaska, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, and Vermont.
- RN to MS in Nursing:- If you are an RN and your career goals require earning a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) AND a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN), consider the RN-to-MSN option. The RN-to-MSN option offers associate?s- or diploma-level nurses the opportunity to satisfy specific core requirements for Kaplan University's Master of Science in Nursing program while completing their bachelor's degree in nursing. Students then have the opportunity to enter a condensed version of Kaplan University's Master of Science in Nursing program. Students completing this accelerated program will earn their Kaplan University BSN and MSN degrees at a faster pace and lower cost than completing each degree separately. The RN-to-MSN option is subject to eligibility requirements.