According to the U.S. Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment for paralegals and legal assistants is projected to grow much faster than average for all occupations through 2014. The legal assistant concept began to develop to improve the efficient and cost effective delivery of legal services due to increased public awareness of legal remedies.
Kaplan University- Online
Kaplan University’s School of Legal Studies takes a unique approach to legal education. Our wide-ranging online degree programs in legal studies, paralegal studies, and administration and policy are designed to fit your educational goals and prepare you to pursue an exciting career in the legal field or within a government organization. Kaplan University’s legal studies degree programs are designed to provide you with legal knowledge you can use in a career in business, government, health care, or legal services.
Request more information
- AAS in Paralegal Studies:- If you want to advance your career or make a career change by entering the legal profession, the Associate of Applied Science in Paralegal Studies will give you the advantage you need to attain the position you want. AAS in Paralegal degree program teaches you to communicate effectively within the legal environment, synthesize important concepts from specialized legal areas, demonstrate ethical decision-making skills, and develop effective legal research methods. Comprehensive study in areas such as civil litigation, contracts, legal research, and criminal law will prepare you for diverse career opportunities in the field.
- Advanced Start BS in Legal Studies:- Advanced Start Bachelor of Science in Legal Studies. Earn your pre-law degree—online. If you already have your associate’s or bachelor's degree, our online advanced start program can help you earn a Bachelor of Science in Legal Studies online in under two years.* Prepare for law school, or achieve professional success in an existing or future career. A capstone course is required for graduation from the degree program and three capstone options are available: an internship, thesis, or comprehensive exam.
- Advanced Start BS in Paralegal Studies:- If you have your associate's degree, our advanced start program can help you earn a Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies in as little as 12 months. Bachelor of Science in Paralegal online degree program prepares you with the knowledge, communication skills, critical thinking, and technical competencies required in the modern workplace. You can personalize your education to fit your needs by selecting a particular area of study: Alternative Dispute Resolution, Office Management, and Personal Injury.
- BS in Legal Studies:- Earn Bachelor of Science degree onilne in Legal Studies. Earn your pre-law degree—online. Prepare for law school, or achieve professional success in an existing or future career in business, government, health care, or the service industry. Our program emphasizes the basics of the American legal system, while developing your communication, critical thinking, and research skills. A capstone course is required for graduation from the degree program and three capstone options are available: an internship, thesis, or comprehensive exam.
- BS in Paralegal Studies:- The Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies program will help you meet your career goals if you want to pursue or advance a career as a paralegal. Paralegal Studies online program provides a solid foundation in the law and paralegal skills, including litigation preparation, document supervision, and legal research. Graduates may pursue career opportunities or job advancement in a legal environment such as a private law firm, corporate law department, or local, state, or federal agency. You will gain research and analytical skills along with technical competencies in specialized areas of law.
- MS in Legal Studies:- By earning a Master of Science in Legal Studies online, you can prepare yourself for a career that requires a strong understanding of the law and its interaction with societal institutions. You’ll gain the knowledge and skills it takes to access the law and legal system, understand legal terminology, and apply the law in a wide variety of settings. All without the pressure of law school and the bar exam! The Master of Science in Legal Studies degree was created by national leaders in law, social science, and teaching, and is guided by a National Advisory Board of subject matter experts in a wide variety of law-related areas.
- Pathway to Paralegal Postbaccalaureate Certificate:- Add paralegal certification to your bachelor’s degree. If you’ve earned a BA or BS from an accredited college or university, our new certificate program is a time-saving way to begin a career in the paralegal profession, and will provide a foundation to become a certified legal assistant. You will learn how to communicate in a legal environment, conduct legal research, and evaluate legal sources. You will also learn to apply concepts to relevant legal arguments and examine ethics in legal environments.
Keiser College eCampus
Paralegal students also learn to form corporations and partnerships, conduct and participate in real estate closings, draft leases and examine mortgages, handle landlord and tenant relations, draft contracts, and partake of product liability and personal injury cases, as well as participate in other civil and criminal cases.
Request more information
- Associate of Arts in Paralegal:- Keiser University’s Associate of Arts online degree in Paralegal Studies prepares students to support attorneys in transactional and litigation fields through legal research, document drafting, case management, evidence gathering and the litigation procedure. Paralegals are often involved in trial assistance and other dispute resolution processes, as well as with preparation of real estate documents, wills, trusts, contracts, corporate matters and law office investigations.
- Legal Studies, BA:- Bachelor's legal studies degree online program prepares students with major courses such as legal research, criminal law, contracts, wills and trusts, torts, and family law. Legal Studies graduates may work with private or corporate law firms, banks, government agencies, title companies or law enforcement. Students will develop skills in legal research and writing; understanding substantive law, civil and criminal procedures, litigation case files, and methods of dispute resolution. Sharpen your skills and advance in this exciting and challenging field. All coursework is offered online, giving you the freedom to complete your studies anytime, anywhere.
Virginia College online
Looking for a challenging career that offers prestige and excitement and a brighter future? Then consider becoming a paralegal! The field of law in could not function without Paralegals. They can be found in courtrooms, corporations, insurance companies, governmental offices and banks, as well as in attorneys' offices. With the Paralegal Degree from Virginia College Online, you can enter a career that offers prestige and a brighter future where you can positively affect the lives of others.
Request more information
- Associate's Degree in Paralegal Studies:- The Paralegal Studies Program at Virginia College prepares you for this fast-paced and rapidly growing career field...offering you the skills and attributes employers are looking for. Paralegals can be found in courtrooms, corporations, insurance companies, governmental offices and bank trust departments, as well as in attorneys’ offices. Get the preparation you need from instructors with real-world experience.
- Bachelor Degree in Paralegal Studies:- This online bachelor degree program in paralegal studies is designed for those who require a degree for entry into the workforce or for advancement in a current position. This paralegal degree online provides knowledge of legal office procedures, delivery of legal services, legal research and writing and paralegal training in professional skills, general education, and technical competencies.
Post University Online
Second only to jobs in the computer industry, paralegal/legal assistant positions are the fastest-growing career category, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reports. As the practice of law becomes more sophisticated, specialized, and international, men and women with advanced education in this area will be in great demand.
Request more information
- Paralegal Studies Certificate Program:- The Paralegal certificate program at Post University prepares you to become a Paralegal. Paralegals (Legal Assistants) continue to be among the most sought after professionals. Second only to jobs in the computer industry, paralegal/legal assistant positions are the fastest-growing career category, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reports. As the practice of law becomes more sophisticated, specialized, and international, men and women with advanced education in this area will be in great demand.
- Associate of Science in Legal Studies:- The Associate of Science in Legal Studies Degree at Post University prepares students to work as a member of a professional team delivering legal services. Students become familiar with the American legal system, including federal and state courts, statutes, codes and treaties as well as with legal theory and its practical applications in various disciplines, including legal research, civil litigation, real estate and estates.
- B.S. in Legal Studies:- Post University's bachelor's degree in Legal Studies will prepare you to start a career in the legal field as a paralegal, prepare you to excel in new positions within your current organization, or enter law school or graduate school. Paralegals are found in all types of organizations, but most are employed by law firms, corporate legal departments, and various government offices. Jobs in this field are expected to among the fastest growing careers according to the US Department of Labor.
Next Pages >> [ 1 ] 2